Dan Egli wrote:
> Except that a lot of software, including the Webmail system I
> have(SquirrelMail), requires "mod_php". If it was a simple decision
> I'd say "oh well". But the fact is that I have several pieces of
> software that require mod_php.  If it is not currently safe to run
> PHP as Roxen module, any know when it WILL be safe?

I would say you have two options then. Instead of SquirrelMail you can use
IMHO, http://www.lysator.liu.se/~stewa/IMHO/, which is a Roxen Webmail
(developed by one of the Roxen developers). It's very good, but reports say
it is quite memory hungry.

The other option, which I would prefer myself, is to run Apache/PHP on the
server too. Then you can simply let Roxen wrap pages served by Apache. That
way it will still "look" like it is one site, but you will be able to take
full advantage of both Apache/PHP and Roxen. We did that at Roxen for RT2
for example, works just fine.

If the reports about memory use by IMHO is true, the option to run a
separate Apache could even mean a smaller memory footprint.

Regards,
/Thomas