Stuart wrote:

As for the argument that he's only 17, what the hell does that matter? His motivation was clearly to cash in on either the similarity or the publicity from the action MS would take. The lucky fscker got the latter.

Gee, like Microsoft is such a tough sucker to hook. Frankly, I don't think a scumbag who abuses the law (not to mention consumers, public schools, etc.) as much as Bill Gates does deserves its protection.

* * * * * * * * * *

> Another case of hearing only one side of the story. The following was
> posted in the forums at mikerowesoft.com (now removed, unsurprisingly)...
>
> "I listened to your interview on CBC radio. You said, on live radio,
> that you did choose the domain name because of Microsoft's public
> profile. Then, less than a minute later, you claimed to have been
> surprised that Microsoft was suing you. But, you had admitted everything
> in the first minute of your interview. Then, you went on to say that you
> didn't expect you would be able to keep the domain. This sounds
> suspicious and I think Microsoft has every right to say that  you were
> looking for a pay off at a later date -- not to mention, the publicity."

So, he's sort of a modern day Robin Hood, blackmailing the world's richest thief...

> His case fell apart the moment he admitted that that was the reason he
> chose that domain name. I see now that he has settled with MS which is a
> shame because I think he should be made an example of. MS are only doing
> this to save their public face.

Huh? Microsoft's public face is as far gone as Michael Jackson's!