On Friday 23 January 2004 22:33, John W. Holmes wrote:
> From: "Chris Boget" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > >Learn and use C++
> >
> > Or sessions.
> > Along with serialize() and deserialize(), all are your friends in this
>
> case.
>
> He's talking about the same set of data being available to all instances of
> PHP, though. I think they're called Application Variables. So if I set
> $instance=1 as an application variable, any other PHP script that runs can
> read that value. I imagine the same thing could be done with an object.
>
> Either that or I'm way off base. It does sound useful, but I see how it
> could be overused and abused.

check "pete M"'s mail in this list, sent at 25 NOV 2003.
As written in that mail

<quote>
Another idea would ne to use an "application" variable..

This is like a Session variable but is site wide

http://0x00.org/php/phpApplication/

regards
Pete
</quote>

-Stathis.

PS: Whatever you need, there is a PHP solution for it. Never doubt about it:-)