Chris --

...and then Chris Edwards said...
%
% I would like to give the users of my web site the ability to upload video
% type files, up to 12 megs in size.

OK.

%
% I notice in my PHI.INI there is a
%
%          "memory_limit =8M  ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume
% (8MB)"
%
% does this include temporary such as a file being transferred?

As far as I can tell it does not; I have uploaded 20M and larger files
but haven't tweaked memory_limit.

%
% Also I intend to set the PHI.INI 'upload_max_filesize = 2M' to
% 'upload_max_filesize = 12M'.

Good.

%
% Am I going in the right direction?

You sure are!  This has, by the way, been covered in great detail; you
should check the archives for more info.

%
% Thanks.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"