"Vincent Dupont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi all,

At the moment, I store the HTML code to display the menu in the
$_SESSION['menu_cache']['menu_id'] var. And this works well! The pages are
displayed faster when the menu is in the cache, which is the expected
result!

What is your opinion about this?
Do you see any other way to 'cache' some content?

Could I use the $_ENV variable (or any other) to cache the menus accross ALL
visitors/users?

It depends if your menu is unique per user, or it is the same for all users.
If it is unique for each user, than storing it i session makes sense. If not
than you can store it in some file or table in the db. Beeing in one place
would make it easier to invalidate the cache since you would not need to
poke around all sessions.

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/