I have tried you code and cannot see any real problem?

This is what I see happening:

1 one.php creates a session and sets the value of $a to 'aaaaa'
2 click on 2 and you get to two.php with the value set to 'aaaaa'
3 click on OFF and you get to off.php where the value is unset
4 click back and you go back to two.php, and $a has no value
5 click back and you go to one.php which then
    creates a new session and puts 'aaaaa' back into $a

phpinfo() shows that the browser is sending you a PHPSESSID
cookie, but as your variables are correctly unset, this
should never be a problem. When you call session_start() php
is automatically going to create a PHPSESSID cookie anyway,
so even if you
  setcookie( 'PHPSESSID', '', time() );
all that happens is that you get a new one.

Is the real issue that when you go back to one.php your code
unconditionally recreates the value?

Regards
Jeff

PS madness is a state of mine.