refering to my previous mail: I really don't think its a good idea to store the months as names in the DB (I recommend a datetime field to store the complete date info).

but if you must then you will have to define an array which you can use as a sort key e.g.

array(
        1 => 'January',
        2 => 'February',
        ...etc...
);

and use something like this is combination with a multisort array function to get the order you want - but the way I see it your better off changing the DB schema and using a few date related function is either MySQL or PHP to display the dates in a user friendly way (e.g. '10 January 2004').

EastLothianDirectory wrote:
Thank you for replying again but I have already been on the Mysql.com website
and although I did ascertain the correct syntax ie

None of them work mainly because the months get listed alphabetically and not IN ORDER. For example AUGUST is listed as the first month because it started with 'A'
The year and day being integers were listed correctly.

Now do you see the problem. This is why Mysql.com was no good so I came to PHP for help.