On Feb 2, 2004, at 7:15 PM, Justin Patrin wrote:

Kumar McMillan wrote:

If this does happen to be a GD or PHP memory leak, I would suggest writing a driver script which calls a sub-script which does the processing. Have the driver keep track of all of the files and hand one (or some number) to the processor, which processes them. Use system() to call the processor.

ahhh... works so much smoother. did a little switch with getopt() and used the same file as the subscript too.
after doing this though I can see the memory explosion happening on the same image files so I take it there is something up with those files and not a memory leak in imagecreatefromjpg() when called repeatedly. Either way, calling a separate process allowed me to isolate the problem files and get on with the show.

thanks, Kumar

-- paperCrane <Justin Patrin>