I know I may be displaying severe ignorance, but I have to ask... What do
you mean by "this page also uses paging"?  What is "paging"?

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: DL [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 4:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Session troubles

Hi all,

I am using PHP v4.12, and here is the scenario.

I have one page, index.php with a form that has a searchfield (dropdown) and
searchcriteria (textbox).  When submitted I want to populate two session
variables with the form values of searchfield and searchcriteria.  This page
also uses paging, and whenever I click next, my session variables seem to
die.  I have globals turned on.

So basically, we the page initially loads I display all the results from a
db query.  Paging works fine.  If someone submits the form, I want to
populate two session variables and build a new sql statment based on the
user input.  Clickling "next" or "previous" should retain the same search
results until the user submits the form again or those session variables
expire.

Help please.

Cheers,
David