On Wednesday 04 February 2004 08:21 am, Burhan Khalid wrote:
> Shaun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just switched from Windows to Linux and don't want to change
> > back!
> > However I used to use Dreamweaver MX for all my PHP / HTML editing,
> > can anyone recommend a good alternative?
> >
> > Many thanks
>
> You could try running Dreamweaver MX under wine [ http://www.winehq.com ]

I would recommend getting comfortable with a nice unix text editor...  vi, for
example.

if that is too 'old school' for ya, then try something like jedit

if you are looking for a wysiwyg editor ala dreamweaver mx,  sourceforge.net
might be a good place to look, that or google:  html editor linux

brings up a few promising links.

hth,
gabe.