On Friday 06 February 2004 23:51, merlin wrote:

> Somehow I can't figure out how I installed php with pdflib. It is
> perfectly running on my live system.
>
> I tryed to just copy the files from the other server and run --
> with-pdflib like in the other config command, but it did not work out.
>
> Then I downloaded the source from pdflib.com and tryed this:
> '--with-pdflib-dir=/usr/lib/pdflib5'

It seems that v5.x of the pdflib has a different (and seemingly more complex)
installation procedure to that of 4.x.

The installation instructions for 5.x discourages you from installing from
source and suggests that you install from the pre-built binaries.

As I haven't had time to figure out how to install 5.x yet I decided to stick
with one of the 4.x releases.

So if there's nothing compelling in 5.x that you need then you could just use
one of the 4.x versions as installation of those are straightforward:

Extract the tarball
./configure
   make
   make test
   make install

Then add '--with-pdflib=/usr/local' in your php ./configure command.