John W. Holmes wrote:

Freedomware wrote:

When I view my data in phpMyAdmin, all I see in that column is NULL. When I preview it in a webpage, nothing displays at all. If I change it to NOT NULL, I see 0000-00-00 in every cell.

Here's a row of text from the CSV file I imported into my MySQL table:

"Alberta","Edmonton","1905-09-01",11,"NWT","AB","CAN"

As you can see, the date is listed as "1905-09-01."

Well, that's the right format for a MySQL date; YYYY-MM-DD, so I don't know why it wouldn't load from your CSV file. Can you show the command that you use to import the file? If the fields are NULL (or 0000-00-00) in the database, then MySQL is not accepting your data (for the date field at least).

Wow, I think you solved it! I went to retrieve the link to the screen shots I put online when I was first trying to figure this stuff out - at http://geowebworks.geobop.org/test/php/

Towards the bottom of the page (#6) is a screen shot of something I was oblivious to this time around - Date and Time Formats. (I'm using a trial version of EMS MySQL Manager.)

I'll bet that's my problem, though I'm still a bit confused.

EMS lists the following:

Short Date: M/d/yyyy
Long Date: dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy

Day followed by month, followed by another day, then year???

I thought it was supposed to be year first, followed by month and day, as in the example from CSV table - 1905-09-01.

Should I change Long Date so that it reads YYYY-MM-DD, or something like that? Or maybe I can figure out how to do it in phpMyAdmin. I downloaded EMS phpMySQL because I couldn't create error-free tables with phpMyAdmin, but maybe I can use it to tweak my tables.

Thanks for the tip!