Hi,

The default php setting is with track vars on, and register globals on I
believe.  I have never tried anything else.  I turned globals off to see if
I could help you with your problem.   If you check the manual, they do not
put much explanation into how to use sessions with globals off, though I
have read that some webservers may have globals turned off.