Hello,

mycb> Sure, but why would a user want to fake their browser signature?

They might do it without even knowing. Opera will identify itself as
IE6 for example if you select that in the Preferences. Other
browsers/packages can do it as standard. Although I can't give a
specific example, I bet there are some firewalls out there that filter
this information out too.

>> I saw a response letting you know how to do this, but I would
>> recommend not sending people to different pages based on which
>> browser/OS they're using.

mycb> Why not? Isn't that what most of the big web sites do?

Actually yes, lots of them do. So I agree with you here :)

mycb> What about obsolete browsers that don't handle CSS too well (or not at all)? We

I think his point was that there are other ways to handle browser
display issues besides 2 versions of a site and a user_agent test.

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]