Kristers Hotmail wrote:

Hi!!

When i send data from a form and there is some special characters like ' " \ php seems to add an extra \ before every special character in the transfer from the form to the point when I put the data in the .txt file where i store it.

It is a guestbook I'm using the script for so it is a bit anoying. I also have a guestbook where I use MySQL as database and I do not have the same problem there.

Esample:

I'm sendeing "hello" from the form

The result I get in my gb.txt file is \"hello\"

Why is that??

Can anyone help me

Regards

Krister

Hi, there is a function which delete the backslahes. Before you put the text in the file, do

stripslashes($yourstring)

--
     - RPG Genesis 2004 -
- Make your dreams believable -