Yes, you can use elementary javascript to achieve that goal.

Just make a link (anchor) as you normally would and make the value of its
href attribute "javascript:document.formName.submit()" where formName is the
name of the form you wish to submit. As with a lot of client-side scripting
languages, I cannot guarantee that this solution is cross-browser
compatible.

Shaunak