Paul Furman <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 10:39 AM said:

>> Have a questions about sessions.  In building a simple app do I have
>> to include the session id in the url string or in a hidden tag?  or
>> does it normally track it by cookies and so I dont have to call it
>> on every page?

the session id will be in the url if you have use_trans_sid turned on
AND the user has not accepted your cookie. once the user accepts the
cookie (either automatically or manually) the id will go away from the
url because it is now being stored in a cookie on the users system.

if you turn off use_trans_sid (as i have, for search engine reasons) the
user will not have any session state at all until they accept your sites
cookie (either automatically or manually).

in answer to your question specifically, YOU personally do not have to
worry about transferring the session id. it is done automatically (by
default).

hth,
chris.

p.s. hopefully someone will correct me on this issue if i am wrong.