Right,
I'm off to php.net, to learn all about cron jobs...
i've never heard ofit ;-)
(I'll come out from under my rock now)
Cheers everyone....

Ben Ramsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
20/02/2004 13:36

[EMAIL PROTECTED], Tristan Pretty
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
[PHP] Re: Delayed mail()... ?

Probably the best way to do this is the use cron to schedule a script to
run at a specified time.

The way I'd do it is to create a PHP script that compares the current
date with the date they registered (you'd save that date to the
database, of course).  If the current date is greater than 3 days and
less than 4 days older than the date they registered, then you'd use
mail() to send them another message.

Use cron to schedule the script to run the script once every day.

For the PHP script that cron will be running, you'll need to put this
line in above the first <?php tag:

#!/usr/bin/php -q

That way, it'll execute on the system.  And you may have the chmod the
file 755, though I can't remember if that's necessary.

Finally, your system must be Linux (or other unix-type system) for this
to work correctly.  If it's Windows, you can use the task scheduler, but
I don't think it'll execute the PHP script.