From: Jordan Elver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 1:43 PM
To: PHP Database Mailing List; PHP General Mailing List
Subject: [PHP] Query - Grouping Results

Hi,
I've got a table like:

id      user_id         ip              time
1       2               127.0.0.1       20010316105018

Etc, etc.

I do a join on the this table and the users table to get the coresponding
username to user_id like this:

SELECT users.name AS name, user_logins.ip AS ip,
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(user_logins.time) AS time FROM users, user_logins WHERE
user_logins.user_id = users.id ORDER BY time ASC

How can I display the results grouped by username?

So, I want to be able to display:

Logins for John

Thursday 10th
Friday 12th