Namaste Adwinwijaya:

I meant there's no PHP function neither to get a column nor to transpose the
matrix.

The first answer you gave us, retrieves the amount of items in the column,
not the column itself as an array. And the second one, just prints the
matrix, but does not transpose it.

Joe-At: I suggest you to tell us your exact problem, maybe there's a way to
solve it avoiding matrices, maybe there's a more suitable representation to
the problem's parameters.

Manu.

PS:

This function retrives the j column, assuming that the matrix has no
non-numerical indeces:

function getColumn($arr, $j)
{
    if (isset($arr[$j]) && count($arr[$j])>0)
    {
        $result = array();
        foreach($arr[$j] as $which)
            $result[] = $which;                // You could make reference
instead

function getTranspose($arr)
{
    if (count($arr)>0)
    {
        $result = array();
        for($i=0; $i<count($arr); $i++)
            for($j=0; $j<count($arr[$i]); $j++)
            {
                if (!isset($result[$j]))
                    $result[$j] = array();

                $result[$j][$i] = $arr[$i][$j];

Keep in mind this are inefficient functions.

Manu.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]