As Jay said, check through the manual. The answers you're looking for may be found right here:

http://www.php.net/mssql

Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
How can we connect to MS-SQL Server ?
What tools ( where can we download ) must be installed ?

Thank a lots.

PS : the php programs under Linux / Unix...
[/snip]

I usually connect to my servers using cables, but YMMV. Might I suggest
that you read some manuals and books? The questions that you are asking
are way too general in nature and are sure to get you flamed (I am
resisting it very much myself). Please visit the php web site, the mysql
web site the m$ sql server web site and your local bookstore on online
resource.

-- Regards, Ben Ramsey http://benramsey.com http://www.phpcommunity.org/wiki/People/BenRamsey