Hello bill,

b> When I go from a normal php page (mod) to a cgi-based php page (stand
b> alone), the session_start() function generates an error

b> Warning: open(/tmp/sess_be0b03b8eb0ed759b10792d823099678, O_RDWR)
b> failed: Permission denied (13) in (filename) on line 3

b> Is there a way to carry sessions across the different types of php pages?

I don't believe so. I hit this problem and the only solution was on
the CGI version of PHP I didn't created a new session and used a
transfer script to populate it/re-populate the old session when moving
back and forth. Hardly a tidy solution but I couldn't think of another
way at the time (and still can't).

--
Best regards,
 Richard Davey