From: Dddogbruce (@home.com) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 1:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] [PHP4] $fp = fopen( "news.txt", 'a' ); // 'a' = append!
Wah!

I'm writing a news script, and I just got it working earlier this
morning.  Now it writes the variables from the form to the .txt file;
but when I go to write again (another news article) it does it beside,
not above.  Me, thinking so brilliantly at 6AM, thought append would
mean above, but it means beside.  This is the script in working
condition, although it only writes one varibale since I was testing.
I'm not using mysql, only a .txt file and two PHP documents.

<?
if( $formSubmit )
 {
echo "Your news has been processed.";
$newsSubmit = file( "news.txt" );
$fp = fopen( "news.txt", 'a' );
fwrite( $fp, $frmName );
fclose( $fp );
 }
else
 {
include ( "newsForm.php" );
 }
?>

What I want it to do is post $frmName in the .txt file, and when another
entry is processed it will add that above.  I hope this is possible,
because I don't have access to a MySQL database *yet.*

Post all suggestions, please.

-Owen