Thanks to everybody's suggestions. But the problem won't go away just by
ignoring the "Notice". I'm using  $_SESSION["user_id"]) as a validation tool
to verify that the user has logged in. I have looked at all the vars in
phpinfo() (I don't have access to the server ini files). And I can't see
anything wrong.

For example, today, I had the same page open for more than an hour, and my
session code worked well. But other times, I'll work for 30 seconds and it
will time out.

I've asked my server host - and they say they havn't made any changes.

I've asked my internet provider - and they're clueless.

I've played with the settings on my MS-IE (ver 5.5) - still no luck.

Yes, I use "session_start() " at the beginning of all my PHP files.

Currently, I'm still in development - but the site will go up live by Monday
or Tuesday and it would be very embarrasing if the users were told to login
every 30 seconds.

Pance.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]