Hello,

On 03/04/2004 10:38 PM, Marc wrote:
I need every week to check mails in a database and send them on e-mail to a
mailinglist server to synchronise the datas.

I work with two mailing servers and 4 mailinglists (2 on each server).

> so I need to send 4 lists in mail : > one to server 1 with liste A > one to server 1 with liste B > one to server 2 with liste C > one to server 3 with liste D

Why do you need to use more than one server? Seems to me like a waste of resources. The greatest bottleneck of mailing delivery is bandwidth. If you have bandwidth, you can use a mail server like qmail that can be configure to execute many simultaneous deliveries .

I would like to know what is the best way for optimazing the server
resources :

To send mail during browsing of the record set of the database every time I
change liste or browsing all the recordset pushing the datas in a array every time I change
mailinglist and when browsing is closed send browse the array and send the
four mail with the mail() function ?

If you are queuing messages to many users, it does not make much sense to do it from a Web process as it does not require any Web output. You can do it running PHP from shell of a cron like scheduled task.

Is there a solution which permits sending all my mails (4) in one smtp
connextion ?

There is a misconception here. You do not need to relay messages on a SMTP server to send them . Sending messages just requires connecting to the recipients SMTP server. Just use a local mailer program like sendmail or the equivalent based on qmail and postfix and they take care of deliveries from then on.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/