--- Larry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't see how it could be to anyone's disadvantage.  As a matter of
> fact, I think that it would be great to also have it available as a soap
> service as well.

I was thinking the same thing after reading Ben's comment. I think people
might be more interested in local job boards, but a global resource could
provide an organized outlet for this by sharing this data via feeds.

So, people can post job openings on this board, and local user groups can
syndicate this data based on local preferences, or they can even let their
users sign in and have even more personalized listings (bypassing the
necessity of searching). Along the same lines, local user groups can help
syndicate data back to the core PHP job resource as well.

If the resource can do a better job of bringing together quality talent
and employers than existing resources do (which probably isn't too hard),
I think it can quickly become the dominant job board for PHP, which can
only help everyone.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/