Hello. I'm also trying out frameworks.
I'm not sure which would be best, since I didn't tried most of then, just read the specifications and functionalities.
And, since I'm not very happy, I'm developing my own right now.

But I know the existence of those frameworks/specifications/methodologies:

http://phrame.sourceforge.net/
http://www.fusebox.org/
http://combine.tigris.org/
http://www.binarycloud.com/
http://amb.sourceforge.net/
http://www.mojavi.org/
http://www.phpmvc.net/

I guess the fusebox is widelly used, and binaryclouds seems to be very promising.
I'd never heard about the seagulll. Thanks for including it in your email. I'wll check it out.

If you find something interesting, could you send it to the list? I would like to hear some opnions.

Thiago Silva

Rodolfo Gonzalez Gonzalez wrote:

Hello,

which free (as in beer) framework writen in PHP (OO) would you consider
the best for developing large web applications?. I was looking at Seagull
(http://seagull.phpkitchen.com/)... I would appreciate your comments on
this and other frameworks.

Thank you,
Rodolfo.