If I read his post correctly he was looking to make blah() available and not
$blah.

In my mind that meant that he would be calling his function named blah not
the variable.

Then if he called the function blah he would get the value of $blah inside
his function.

Of course obviously being one of the OP you refer to I have read the manual
> Variables > Variable scope.  In this case I don't see how it related to
his post, even though he stated that he was trying to echo $blah....

One of those letter of the law vs intent of the law sort of things.....

But thanks for the condensintion..., maybe I can return the favor sometime.

alex hogan