Hello Ben,

BR> This works rather nicely, too:
[snip]
BR> $name_array is now a multi-dimensional array with the first and last
BR> names separated.  print_r should show you the values.

It doesn't reverse the name (as required), which although you could
say "give me element 1 of each array to get the lastname", this doesn't
work with names such as "firstname middlename lastname" (like the OP
requested) :) because now the lastname is in element 2 so you'll have
to do some extra checking malarky to get it.

But yeah, there are a few million ways to skin this cat.

--
Best regards,
 Richard Davey