You're the Joey Kelly who runs the LUG in NoLA, yes?

> I've got a sticky problem that I need to solve. I've just turned on
> register_globals in my PHP php.ini file, and therefore have to run my form
> variables through $_POST:
> $variable = $_POST[$variable];
> echo $variable;

Or you can use extract();

> The problem I'm having is that the script Im trying to refactor worked
great
> before I turned register_globals off. The script posts an array, and I
can't
> seem to figure out how to $_POST the array.

It seems like the array is posted just fine.

> In both cases, changing the extension from .php to .phps shows you the
source
> code. As you can see, above the form I've tried several attempts to access
> the data, all of which seem to fail.

How is it failing?  Looking at the source, you are definitely on the right
track.

> My question: What am I doing wrong? I suspect that I'm having trouble with
> nested arrays, etc.. The thing that bothers me is that the data is
available
> (see the array printout at the bottom?).

Upon post, you need to get materials as such:

$materials = &$_POST['materials'];

to list out the quantity, you can do any the following:

foreach( $materials['quantity'] as $quantity ) {
  echo $quantity . '<br>';
}
foreach( $materials['description'] as $description ) {
  echo $description . '<br>';
}

for( $i = 0; $i < 5; $i++ ) {
  echo $materials['description'][$i] . '::' . $materials['quantity'][$i] .
'<br>';
}

Personally, I'd rename your form elements to:

$materials[$item][quantity]
$materials[$item][price]
$materials[$item][description]

Chris