On 16 March 2004 15:10, Harry Sufehmi wrote:

> Problem:
> Changes made in c:\winnt\php.ini doesn't have any effect even after
> restarting Apache.
>
> Steps tried:
> # looking for other copies of php.ini - none found
> # entering the related values in Apache's httpd.conf file
> instead - works for some values, but not for others.
> # entering the related values in Apache's .htaccess file - doesn't
> work at all
>
> PHP version: 4.3.3
> phpinfo() output - http://www.harrysufehmi.com/inf.php
>
> If you at the output of phpinfo(), it stated that the
> configurations were read from c:\winnt\php.ini

No, it actually states:

    Configuration File (php.ini) Path      C:\WINNT

which means that it's looking in C:\WINNT for your php.ini file, but hasn't
found one -- if it found a php.ini there, that line would have read:

    Configuration File (php.ini) Path      C:\WINNT\php.ini

As you're on Windows, my guess is that the old hidden extension trick is in
play and you've actually got a file called something like php.ini.txt -- try
turning off the Windows option that hides recognised extensions, and taking
another look.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]