Ligaya Turmelle wrote:

try the escape character (\).  Note the previous question from "Character
question" by David Westbrooks.  Posted on 3/13/04.

Respectfully,
Ligaya Turmelle

"James E Hicks III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

How do I get this to work? the input box is only showing

He said,

<input type="text" value="He said, "How'm I gonna get this to work?", with

frown" size="50">

James Hicks

Why are so many people telling this poor person to escape their quotes? That WILL NOT WORK in HTML. The correct way to do this is to use htmlspecialchars() or htmlentities(). In fact, this should always be done on dynamic values in an input or any other HTML data that should be displayed literally, such as for within textareas.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>