On 16 Mar 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Sessions have to do with requests being sent by browsers to the web server. Each
> time
> you close all the windows of your browser on your computer and start the browser
> again, a new session is started. I suspect that since all your users are essentially
> using
> the same web browser (since their monitors and keyboards are not really separate
> computers, but peripherals on the same machine), a browser window open on one
> terminal is keeping alive a session started by another user on another terminal when
> she or he first started the browser.

I have had questions about this for a while.  What is it about closing
and reopening the browser that PHP "notices" and that invalidates the
old session?

Also a comment ... I think with the right combination of session_id()
and session_name() calls you should be able to run multiple sessions on
the same browser at the same time.  I have never tried it but I did
have a client with an interest in it and I looked enough to say "well,
I think this is feasible -- we'd have to try it to be sure".

--
Tom