In article <99oh2o$f95$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("YoBro") wrote:

> I can't figure out why this doesn't work. Rather than echo $myrow[0] which
> works, I want to use the feild name. Like $myrow[make] to make reading the
> code easier. IS this possible?
>
> Here is some code:
>
> $db = mysql_connect("localhost", $user, $pass)OR DIE("Unable to connect to
> database");
>
>   mysql_select_db("database",$db) OR DIE("Unable to connect to database");
>
>   $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM stock",$db);
>
> while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_row($result))
> {
> echo "$myrow[id]<br>";      //Usually $myrow[0] etc
> echo "$myrow[make]<br>";
> echo "$myrow[model]<br>";
> echo "$myrow[sub_model]<br>";
> }

Try quoting the index key (which is, after all, a string), and moving the
variable outside the double quotes.  Since that leaves just plain string
text, you might as well turn the remaining double quotes to singles too.
Save an extra microsecond or so <g>.

echo $myrow['id'] . '<br>';

--
CC