Hi there

About 12 months ago, - (on an old PC), I ran Apache, &
installed PHP.. (I dont remember any hastles at the
time..)

Anyway, I havnt used PHP much - (didnt need to..)

- I have a new PC now - & loaded Apache onto it (a
test server, before I upload to main 24/7
website/server)

Its 3:30 a.m. on Sunday now - & all Friday night & Sat
Night - Ive been trying to instal PHP & make it "Go"

However, - Its not..

CURRENT SITUATION :-

Ive installed a new PHP (on my Win 98 system)..
& when I go into http://localhost/index.php - it asks
me what I'll like to do with it...

- I say to open in I.E. - However its as of c:\etc..
etc.. etc\index.php

It wont open it in the actual browser / website...

SUGGEST

Can anyone suggest a "Beginners guide" - Step-by-step
guide to installing PHP with Apache ?

PS

When I run PHP via a DOS PROMPT - I can put "php -v" &
it tells me the version number  etc (its in the PATH
statement)...

Thankyou

=====
New Zealand Online Communities Group.