On 22 Mar 2004 Andy B wrote:

> so the theory is: if i require that the session be named after the persons
> login name there is probably 1 out of 2 million chances that it will mess up
> the names and get confused (specially if there are only a few users
> allowed)...

If the login name is unique and you don't allow multiple simultaneous
logins then the chanve of a mixup is exactly zero.

If you are talking about session IDs, I believe they are 128 bits which
translates to a chance of duplication of 1 in
340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 [the result from
bcpow(2, 128, 0)].  Should be good enough :-).

--
Tom