PHP Email List wrote:

> Ok here's my problem, I'm in the midst of creating a string replace to
work
> on a rtf file that is on the server, this fuctionallity works perfect with
> "GET" but not "POST", I guess I don't understand why.
[snip]
> $name = $_POST['FNAME'];
[snip]
> $output = str_replace("<<FNAME>>",$name,$output);

There's no reason why something would work with $_GET['FNAME'] and not
with $_POST['FNAME'], so I can understand why you're confused. Are you
sure there are even any values in $_POST? Right at the beginning of
rtf.php, put a print_r($_POST) to see what the values are. If $_POST is
empty even when you put values in the form, then it must be an issue
with your web browser or server not allowing POST values (that would be
very odd, though).

::John,

Ok I tried the print_r($_POST) and received...

Array ( [FNAME] => test [LNAME] => t [ADDRESS] => t [CITY] => t [STATE] => t
[ZIP] => t [DATE] => t [PARAGRAPH1]=> t [PARAGRAPH2] => t [FROM] => t
[SUBMIT] => TEST ME )

So they array isn't empty for my post. Obviously the values don't matter for
this array, but the array is still not being brought into the str_replace
function.  Is it possible that str_replace requires "GET" opposed to "POST"
for it to work? This is becoming very odd! Possible bug? I hate throwing
that out there but it doesn't make sense why one would work and the other
wouldn't since all any of them are doing is holding "strings".  Any other
ideas?

Thanks,
Wolf