Nabil wrote:

Hi all,

I have problem storing the submitted data in the database in the right
encoding.
I need to use UTF-8

I need to save the Arabic text in UTF-8 encoding.

I have a problem with UTF-8 and windows-1256 conversion.
I wish I can understand those things, coz encoding thing will take my hair
off....

When submitting a data from an HTML page and inserting them in MySQL:
what encoding they will be ?
is it the page encoding?

I *think* that MySQL 4.1+ supports your encoding. You can check their online documentation, specifically:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Charset-se-me-sets.html

the field size like VARCHAR 15 won't fit the same in both encoding for the
same text. !!
Is the font any relation with encoding?
phpmyadmin doesn't support UTF-8 so dumping your data using it will screw it
up.... is it a way to convert it inside the database...

Are you using php 4.1+? If so, then you can at least test what values are in your forms by trying a snippet like so (you may have a lot of data to go through, but it should be there):

echo '<pre>';
print_r($_REQUEST);
echo '</pre>';

Explain to me please , or if you can tell me where to find my answers (not google)

I'm sure you hate to hear this, but I found the answer to your first question with a search engine. May I make a suggestion? Try downloading Mozilla Firefox http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html#release

When you've installed the appropriate version for your OS, install this plugin:
http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.html#

Read how to use it at that site, and the next time you want an answer that you might find in online documentation you can quickly find it with your new tool.

Nabil