On Sunday 04 April 2004 01:45, Andy B wrote:

> i know this is a little ot but in an attempt to keep viruses off the list
> (i think) somebody/something is forging an email in my name to the php
> mailing list as well as mysql mailing list along with a few others. i get a
> message something like this:
>
> "your message titled: submit your authentication here... has been sent to
> (whatever mailing list it sent to)"

I don't know where you've been for the last few years, almost/probably all
recent viruses pick two email addresses at random (from what it harvests from
your computer) then uses those as the TO and FROM address for the crap it
sends out. Read up on the virus information available on any of the major
anti-virus software producers' sites.

> does anybody know about this sort of thing? and if so how to get rid of it?

Don't ever use your email address, ever. Failing that, tell your
friends/associates/whomever has your email address, to stop using crap like
Outlook and/or stop getting themselves infected with viruses.