"Okay, start showing some code so we can see wtf is going on. Constantly
posting back "nope", "doesn't work" is just going to have us grasping at
straws again and again.

Is register globals on or off?
"
register_globals=off

here is the code that gives me problems:
files are attached (if allowed) let me know if the attached files didnt make
it through and i will post it in the body of the message...the code is quite
huge chunck of stuff...

file guestbook_add.php: is a form used for admins to insert a guestbook
entry. it is linked from a admin page using session_start(); at the top of
the admin main page. the button that links to this page code is:
<input class="button" type="button" value="add guestbook listing"
accesskey="3" onclick="window.location='guestbook_add.php';"
onkeypress="window.location='guestbook_add.php';">

after filling out the form and submitting it to the file called
guestbook_review2.php it sets all of the $HTTP_SESSION_VARS[] vars to the
inital form submitted values and shows them on the page. after they hit the
continue>> button it checks for default/required vars and then inserts to
the db in the file called guestbook_save.php.. after a successful insert it
takes them back to the main admin page. the next time i hit the "add
guestbook" listing from the main screen, fill out the form with different
values and submit it all the $HTTP_SESSION_VARS have the same values as the
last add sequence...

its interesting...(i know the code may be sloppy but...im starting out with
complex stuff and was forced on a super fast turn around on it)...