I'm making a conscience effort to improve my PHP skills, that being making
objects, unit testing, better error handling etc. So I have a questions.

I have a database that is storing all of my records. One column is of type
enum where the two legal values currently are "home" and "work"; "work" is
default. I'm building a PHP object that will be my interface to the DB. In
the object I have a variable called $EmailType which will hold the value of
the database column. I wrote some set and get methods to work with the
variable and am now asking myself: What should I do if someone tries to set
$EmailType to a value that is not listed in the enum set?

Please give me some advice. Thanks!

~ Mike
-----
Mike Zornek
Web Designer, Media Developer, Programmer and Geek
Personal site: <http://MikeZornek.com>
New Project: <http://WebDevWiki.com>