Hi Red... Actually, I have my site set to only use cookies for storing
session ids to make it more secure and so that session ids aren't passed via
the URL. Only problem with checking for existence of a session using your
method is that you have to first start the session, which is what I'm trying
to avoid. I only want to create a session for a user that I know has already
been authenticated first, which for my site seems to be the existence of the
session cookie.

Monty