On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:18:11 -0400, John W. Holmes wrote:

> From: "Robb Kerr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> I have found that it is not uncommon when trying to connect to a database
>> on an Apache server to get a return similar to "Access denied for user:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]". I just ran into this problem because I wanted to use
>> SQLyog to manipulate a table that already exists on one of my servers. I
>> went to the "Connections" document that Dreamweaver creates and copied all
>> of the connection info (host, db, user, password) exactly into the
>> connection dialogue of SQLyog. The error message above was returned when I
>> tried to connect although I can connect Dreamweaver to the database
> without
>> problem even though the IPAdress is not listed as part of the username.
>
> With MySQL, a user is given permission to connect with a specific username
> and password _and_ from a specific host. When you run the script from
> Dreamweaver, is it on the same machine as SQLYog? You probably just need to
> modify your MySQL user to have permission to connect from "IPAddress".
>
> ---John Holmes...

Unfortunately, SQLyog and Dreamweaver reside on the same machine. Should I
create a new user for the database which is "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"? Why would
SQLyog require this while Dreamweaver does not? And, why doesn't identical
connection information work on both applications?
--
Robb Kerr
Digital IGUANA