news wrote:
Looking for opinions before I start using this to hide the email address on
a page

$nx = "username";
$sx = "domain";
$mx = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";

Then mailto:<? echo $mx ?>

Hopefully a Robot would read the address as the result of $mx, which is
totally useless - but it seems too easy.

Perhaps I'm missing something (and if I am, please let me know), but how would [EMAIL PROTECTED] be totally useless to email harvesting robots? If $nx was 'user' and $sx was 'example.com'. The mailto would be displayed as 'mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]' which any mail robot will clearly be able to use. Any robots will not read the page until all PHP code has run and returned the page as complete html.

--
Jason Giangrande <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.giangrande.org