I am curious to see if the experienced PHP developers have a recommendation
as far as which MVC or Model 2 based framework is the most robust to use in
web applications that will be developed in PHP5. For Java developers the
Struts Framework has become an Industry Accepted choice, whereas in PHP we
have a few MVC Open Source frameworks available, such as php.MVC, phrame. I
am considering options for web app frameworks, that I can adapt and feel
comfortable about the fact that they will be continiously maintained and
adjusted to use the new OO capabilities of PHP5.

I think it would beneficial to endorse a specific framework for web app
development in order to gain more unity in the patterns that developers
utilize to build web applications. I believe that the existence of unified
and endorsed standards is what still makes the Java related frameworks for
web application development more accepted by the enterprise world.

This is a request for comment :D

Regards,

Lukasz Karapuda