On 14 April 2004 17:53, Paul Fine wrote:

> Thanks guys but I have register globals ON so once the
> session variable is
> defined I should be able to address it without specifying $_SESSION ?

I don't think the documentation is clear on this point -- it may be that the
association between the global variable and the $_SESSION array doesn't
"take" until the next page load and session_start(), and in any case the
behaviour seems to be different between 4.2 and 4.3.  I *think* you may have
to session_register('element_countp') to make the association in the current
page, but this is buggy and seriously disrecommended in 4.2 (although fixed
in 4.3).

Personally, I'd just use the $_SESSION[] variable anyway, and not bother
with the equivalent global.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]