Thanks for the suggestions, turned out to be a server setting the hosting
compnay had set in the php.ini, see below: -

session.cookie_domain = inweb.net.uk    // this points to the hosting
companies url

by adding the following resolved the problem: -

ini_set("session.cookie_domain", $domain_name)

Works a treat now, the server was saving the session cookie for the wrong
url and hence when the secoudn page was called in the same browser it wa not
able to collect up the session variables as the domain names were different.

Thanks again,

Regards
Charlie.

"Vincent Dupont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I would do
script 1 :
$_SESSION['test'] = "hello world";