Hi guys/girls,

I am having some major pain here with a php script handling file uploads.
It's part of an CMS and the file in question takes a PDF, makes a thumbnail
of it and then moves it to it's proper location on the server.

All this works fine with smaller files < ~ 2 MB.

I am having a file that needs to be uploaded to the server though, that is
2.3MB and the script just doesn't handle it.

I have already increased all the PHP.ini setting (i.e. max_file_size,
max_input_time, max_execution_time etc.) but to no avail.

All the setting are well beyond of what the actual process takes, and the
script itself doesn't seem to timeout, it just comes back with:

"Warning: Unable to open 'none' for reading: No such file or directory in
..."

which is pointing to the line where the file is copied from it's temp
location on the server /tmp/ to it's proper folder.
It seems to me, the file (temporary) never actually ends up on the server in
the first place.

As I said above, for smaller files everything works fine.

All this is running on:
Apache, PHP 4.1.2, Linux

The increase for the php.ini variables is only made for one of
the domains hosted on that machine via entries in the virtual host part
of the httpd.conf and I checked with phpinfo() wether the variables that
increased via those setting are actually changing accordingly.
All that looked fine.

Does anyone have an idea what could be going on?
I'd appreciate any help on this, as the client is expecting this to
be fixed ASAP.

cheers,

Ben