Dear all,

I have a problem with 'referencing' static attributes. I have the
following class tree.

// --- CLASS A -----------------------------
class A
{
  protected static $myInstance;
}

// --- CLASS B ------------------------------
class B extends class A
{
}

// --- CLASS C ------------------------------
class C extends class B
{

public function Debug()
{
  echo self::$myInstance;     // does not work (undefined)
  echo parent::$myInstance;  // also does not work
  echo A::$myInstance;         // works

The Problem is that you always have to know in which class the static
was defined to reference it. Or is there something like
static::$myInstance or this::$myInstance or class::$myInstance. If not,
it maybe would be a great idea to add something to PHP, otherwise you
always have to track in which class the static had been defined if you
want to reference it!

Thanx for reading and if someone knows how to solve this, please let me
know!

Cheerio
/rudy