password field is char (32)

Strange that the usernames are all properly set to the submitted email
address, but the password is not properly updated.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but

$plain_pass = rand(); /* plain pass should be a random # */
md5($plain_pass); /* plain pass is a random # here and not another call to
rand() */

I went ahead and created a test user account for myself -- no problem at
all.  Received the login email, and logged in fine with the generated test
user username & password.

Perhaps it's a browser issue -- I am completely clueless at this point &
these hockey fanatics are filling up my admin inbox.....

--Noah

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]